2019 QLD Coral Reef Fin Fish Closure:
Closed seasons (regulated waters) prevent people from fishing at certain times of the year to protect species at vulnerable times in their life cycle, such as during spawning seasons.
Make sure to put these dates in your calendar and scrub up on your fish ID.
Dates for the 2019 QLD Coral Reef Fin Fish Closure are:
25 October 2019 to 29 October 2019
24 November 2019 to 28 November 2019
The closures apply to the following tidal waters (Great Barrier Reef Marine Park):
- from the northern tip of Cape York along latitude 10°41′ south
- to longitude 145° east
- to latitude 13° south, longitude 145° east
- to latitude 15° south, longitude 146° east
- to latitude 17°30′ south, longitude 147° east
- to latitude 21° south, longitude 152°55′ east
- to latitude 24°30′ south, longitude 154° east
- to latitude 24°50′ south, longitude 154° east along latitude 24°50′ south to the mainland shore along the shore to the northern tip of Cape York at latitude 10°41′ south.