Ocean Pro Lycra Hood
In the tropics, for the summer the Ocean Pro Lycra Hood is the ideal hood for divers, snorkelers, and spearos who demand a hood that is streamlined and comfortable to wear. It is ideal for Stinger/Sun protection.
A proper lycra hood like this one provides complete UV protection as well as stinger and abrasion protection during diving in tropical warm water. In addition to all of these great features, the hood has been specially engineered with a soft brushed finish, for your comfort and is less likely to cause irritation to your skin.
It is very quick drying, which helps control unpleasant odours and bacteria build up. Thanks to its lightweight design this hood will pack down very small making it ideal for when your traveling.
Features of the Ocean Pro Lycra Hood:
- Provides supreme protection in the tropics from damaging UV rays
- Added protection for your head from coral or wreck scrapes in overhead environments
- Improved insulation by increasing layering warmth under your existing wetsuit hood in cold water environments
- Ensures complete stinger protection for your head in the tropics
- Ideal for eliminating chafing or abrasions against your skin
- Helps control hair from entering your mask seal and minimises potential mask flooding
- Quick drying, which helps control unpleasant odours and bacteria build up
- Lightweight design is ideal for the traveling diver as this hood will pack down very well to a small space
- One Size fits all
The Box Jellyfish and the Irukandji Jellyfish are present in the tropical waters of North Queensland mostly during the summer months from November to May. The risk of being stung during these months is high so you should wear protection. If you want more information please follow the link to the Queensland Government page