Ocean Pro Stinger Suit Kids
The Ocean Pro Stinger Suit Kids is perfect to keep your little ones safe from stingers and sunburn
- The Ultimate full-body protection against stingers
- Offering 50 UV Rating
- Hood and Gloves attached
- Unisex cut and design
Why do you need a stinger suit?
In some areas of Australia, you’ll need a stinger suit for a great part of the year. Stingers are active from October to May in tropical waters. Dangerous types of jellyfish that you could encounter in Australian waters are:
- the box jellyfish
- the Irukandji jellyfish.
A sting by these jellyfish can cause immense pain, can damage your skin and can even be fatal if there is no medical facility nearby.
Things to look out for when buying a lycra suit or stinger suit:
- Full-length lycra and stinger suits are recommended.
- An attached hood and gloves will also protect your head and hands in high-risk areas.
- Ultra-lightweight, breathable material that doesn’t absorb water, such as Spandex or Nylon.
- Material that is treated against UV light and is chlorine-resistant, in case you want to use the lycra suit for sun protection.
What if you do get stung by a jellyfish?
If you haven’t invested in a stinger suit and you do get stung: immediately treat the affected area with vinegar and in case the tentacles are stuck on the skin, leave them on for doctors to remove them safely.